In a paradise rich in wildlife, game and lavish luxuries lies the splendour of the Savannah red sands of the Kalahari Desert.
1. Wildlife paradise: This African wilderness is home to some of the world’s most remarkable creatues. Guided walks meander across silent red dunes. Drives in open-sided safari vehicles traverse the Kalahari wilderness and stop at the most scenic spots to allow visitors to enjoy an impressive sunset or splendid bush dinner.
2. Place of mystery: With legends and tales that go far into the past when the great tribes of the Bushmen lived undisturbed and free. The mystery of the Kalahari brings in another aspect of the beauty of this Desert. The Desert offers the spirituality of the pans and the humbling experience of the memories of the San – The Kalahari Bushmen while discovering the bush medicines, cosmetics and hunting skills used by the San people.
3. Desert landscapes: Take in the magnificent views of the red dunes from a hot air balloon over the dry savannah sand masses, created by the erosion of soft stone formations and the wind that has shaped the longish sand ridges so typical of the Kalahari Desert landscapes. The Kalahari region is not only very beautiful, but also fascinating, with the red sand dunes and bleached veld competing for admiration.
4. Indigenous bird life: The Kalahari is an incredible place for bird watching with more than 200 species of birds – some of them indigenous to the arid zone – found in the varying habitats of the reserve. Raptors and in particular, vultures, are very well represented.
5. Enoy a horseback safari experience as you explor the Kalahari plains: Exploring the dunes and desert wildlife from horseback provides a bush experience unlike any other where you are able to get so close to the animals that they remain undisturbed by your presence in their natural environment.
6. In harmony with nature: Feel at one with nature and walk the trail with experienced field guides and trackers and share the environment with the multiplicity of wildlife. Rangers offer insight into the absorbing world of the smaller creatures inhabiting this stunning area of the Kalahari and reveal their nests and holes.
7. Sightings of ancient art: Visit the sights of the San engravings and examine the tools used in the Stone Age. Here you will find some of the earliest examples of symbolic art forms and ritual practice where the Bushmen demonstrated their unique relationship with the natural environment and how they portrayed their past.
8. Be spoilt under the warm Southern skies: Take the time to relax your body, free your mind and reconnect with your soul as you enjoy a multitude of treatments and therapies, to indulge, treat and restore yourself in a setting that is truly unique to this part of the world.
9. A Malaria-free child friendly safari: Unlike many other luxury African game reserves, the malaria-free Kalahari is a place where children are gladly welcomed. With a range of fun activities and accommodation especially suited to kids, this is a place where your children will feel stimulated, happy and above all, at home. Children will learn so much on their visit to the Kalahari Desert. They will be educated about the wildlife, game and surroundings of this wonderful paradise.
10. Intelligent African luxury: Indulge in the epitome of stylish, yet rustic elegant luxury game reserve accommodation with sundecks and heated swimming pools, outdoor showers with extended views over the Kalahari plains and remarkable scenes of wild animals drinking at the nearby watering holes. Enjoy such luxuries as private wine cellars, libraries, laundry and valet services as well as a dedicated private chef that captures the essence of great wines and fine African cuisine.